Home > Small Business Articles
How to be More Productive in Your Business
Running a small business is not for the faint of heart. It's hard work, but you can do things to make it easier. One thing that comes to mind is organization. It's quicker and easier to find things, figure things out, and keep on target when our business activities are organized. Remembering which customers we need to get back to becomes easier. And you even more professional when you are organized. Below is a list of business productivity tools to help you stay on target in your business.
- Write your business plan. You've heard the expression, "If you fail to plan, then you plan to fail". Writing a business plan is an important part of starting a any business. You'll want to analyze your business financial resources, your target market, your competition, your production costs, etc. A business plan keeps you focused and moving in the right direction for your business to succeed. The easiest way to build a business plan is with Business Plan Writer® Deluxe 6.0. You'll be able to express your ideas in terms that both bankers and prospective investors expect. By answering a series of questions in an interview format, you'll be able to express your ideas cohesively and concisely - and win the praise and support of your readers. When your plan is complete, you can print from inside Business Plan Writer® Deluxe or export it directly to Microsoft Word or a PDF file.
Save 25% with coupon code AFBP25, good through 31-Mar-2008. Learn more...
- Organize your days. It's a big job having a small business because often times, you are the head
chief and bottle washer. How do you manage to remember everything? With an
easy to use planning system to organize your goals, ideas, appointments, and contacts. If you get your planning system at FranklinCovey you can select from beautiful colors and styles of leather bound binders for your planning system, various daily or weekly page layouts to fit your business activities, motivational quotes printed on the pages, wire bound or ring bound. These binders can also keep your important documents, business meeting notes, receipts, business cards, etc. FranklinCovey allows you to build your own custom planning system. Click here start building your planning system.
- Computerize your bookkeeping. It takes a lot to keep track of your accounts, customer payments, and bills. To stay organized, use accounting and small business management software to fit your needs. Small Business Pro gives you the tools you need to manage and grow your business efficiently. It provides you with integrated finance and customer management tools, including general ledger, balance sheet, invoicing, and more. Small Business Pro is the only financial software that offers you flexibility on the number of licenses you need per feature. The product is modular as well as integrated to fit the size and needs of your company. Learn more...
- Manage your inventory. Your business inventory needs to be accurate so that you know when to replenish your stock and make sure that you have enough materials to supply your customers. This will prevent costly overnight shipping of supplies and phone tag with your vendors and customers. There is an easy way to manage sales orders and shipping. Sales & Inventory Manager provides you with the tools to easily and efficiently manage your inventory, sales and shipping. It saves you time by automating your sales operations and reliably recording all your transactions. It lets you create sales orders, invoices and purchase orders and makes it easy to monitor inventory levels. From printing packing slips and shipping labels to generating and printing custom reports, the software ensures that your products are set-up, sold, and shipped effectively. Learn more...
- Build a web site. Having a web site for your business will improve productivity. You can post general business information on your web site, such as your hours of operation, your product line, details of your services, and answers to customers' common questions. This can decrease the amount of phone calls with customers with simple questions because they can research your products and services on your web site. It also gives your company a professional touch. Web Easy Professional 7 is the most powerful, easy-to-use web design software available. Create a great website in one hour with drag-and-drop simplicity. WebEasy includes everything you need in one box to create your ideal website with built-in templates and e-commerce tools. WebEasy automatically generates the HTML code letting you create the website you want without any programming or technical skills required.
Save 30% with coupon code AFWE73, good through 31-Mar-2008. Learn more...
- FAX via email and internet. With technology advancing so quickly, things are always getting faster and easier. One of my favorite advances is the ability to send and receive faxes via email or through the internet.
It is especially nice to receive the faxes through your email because it's private, no one sees it but you, and it's less likely to get lost in the shuffle of papers. A good email to fax program should allow you to send and receive faxes by email as well as by a web site that they provide for you to send and receive faxes.
Click here to try out RapidFax for free.
- Create PDFs. PDFs are easy ways to send documents via email or the internet. You can send PDF versions of your invoices to customers via email so that they get them quicker. PDFs are also good to store documents. Tax returns that you file online are now often downloaded into PDFs. You can convert any document to a PDF using MyPDF Maker.
. Bank statements are more widely being delivered electronically in PDF format. When you make business purchases online, you can print your online receipt to a PDF and save it on your hard drive.
- Stay Legal. Sometimes you get running so fast in your business that
there may be some corners in your activities that need to be dusted. Be sure that you have your facts down as far as the legality of your business activities. Affordable professional legal guidance is at your finger tips. Starting a business? Applying for a loan? Creating a Will? These tasks require legal expertise worth hundreds of dollars and hours to accomplish. MyAttorney™ Home & Business provides an easy-to-use solution with comprehensive and professional legal tools for small business, home, or family at a fraction of an attorney's cost. Get instant access to thousands of legal contracts, forms, letters, and worksheets for business and personal finance, employment, estate planning, real estate, and more.Currently, the Windows Vista™ ready version is available in Download format, only. The Windows Vista™ ready Box version should be available soon. Save $10 with coupon code AFFMYA good through 31-Mar-2008. Learn more....
- Create your own forms. It's always good to have professional-looking streamlined forms for your customers and to use throughout your business. With 1000 Ready-to-Use Form & Label Templates, FormTool® 6 Deluxe is your complete form creation, editing and management software solution. Packed with powerful, easy-to-use editing tools, including spell checker, database support, digital filling, scanning and mailing capabilities, it enables you to quickly go from paper to digital forms. FormTool 6 Deluxe - Everything you need to easily create custom forms for home and business. Learn more...
- Take your business to the next level. You've followed your business plan and are headed in the right direction. You need some new ideas and maybe a little more tweaking to get ahead. You want to start some new projects that will benefit the business long term. You may want to streamline some of your current processes to see if you can make them a little more productive. It's time to optimize what you learn, think, and do. MindGenius Business helps individuals, teams, and managers capture and analyze information quickly and effectively. Using powerful mapping capabilities, it facilitates brainstorming, fosters creativity and collaboration, reduces redundancies, and increases productivity. It offers tools aligned with business processes, enabling organizations to become more streamlined, efficient, and profitable. It seamlessly integrates with all Microsoft® Office applications, plus MS Project, Outlook®, and Visio®. MindGenius Business supports unlimited licenses enabling you to adjust to the needs of your business as it grows. Learn more...
Business Productivity Resources
Quick links to the products mentioned above.